Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
We, Ash C E V C Primary School, are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information on pupils and parents and/or carers, and may receive information about pupils and parents and/or carers from previous schools. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- support your teaching and learning;
- monitor and report on your progress;
- provide appropriate pastoral care, and
- assess how well your school is doing.
This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information*, characteristics such as ethnic group, special educational needs and any relevant medical information.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules permit it.
We are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority (LA), and the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF).
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you then please contact Jane Delaney.
If you require more information about how the Local Authority (LA) and/or DfE store and use your information, then please go to the following websites:
- Local Authority - http://www.somerset.gov.uk/policies-and-plans/policies/privacy-notice/
- Department for Education - https://www.gov.uk/data-protection-how-we-collect-and-share-research-data
If you are unable to access these websites, we can send you a copy of the information; alternativley please contact them directly below:
- Local Authority
The Information Governance Team
Somerset County Council
- Department for Education
Public Communications Unit
Department for Children, Schools and Families
Great Smith Street
London, SW1P 3BT
Tel: 0870 000 2288.
* Attendance information is not collected for pupils under 5 at Early Years Settings or Maintained Schools.